- Open the package (6) and check its contents (the contents should correspond with the image above).
- Before use, read the label and the procedure described on this website.
Collecting the material:
- 1. Open the package (6) and check its contents (the contents should correspond with the image above).
- 2. Open the sperm container (1). Do not spill the substance off the container.
- 3. Collecting semen sample: obtain the sample by masturbation, ejaculate directly into the collective container.
- 4. Liquefaction: shake the container with the collected semen smoothly and leave it for 15 minutes until it turns into liquid.
- 1. Add the sample: take the test plate out of the aluminium bag (3) and place it horizontally on a flat surface: using the accessory absorption pipe, take a bit of semen from the container (1) to the pipette (4), place three drops of the collected semen in the white A well, and wait for it to saturate the surface of the membrane and dry.
- 2. Add blue staining solution (5): apply one drop of blue staining solution to the test well A and let it soak for 1-2 minutes.
- 3. Add transparent cleaning buffer (2 – Cleaning Solution / Washing Solution label): apply two drops of transparent cleaning buffer to the test well A and let it soak for 1-2 minutes. After this time, read the result.
- 4. After about 2 minutes read the result: read the colour from test A and compare it to the reference test B. The darker the colour, the more sperm cells are present. Write down or remember the result.
Results of naked eye observation: compare the colour of test A to the colour of the reference test B.
Normal result: The colour of test A is darker than the standard colour of the reference test B - the number of sperm cells is correct (normal/good).
Abnormal result: The colour of test A is brighter than the standard colour of test B - the test revealed oligospermia (the number of sperm cells is too low). If the test A is colourless, it could mean oligozoospermia or azoospermia (no sperm cells in semen).
Warnings and precautions:
Only for in vitro diagnostics
- 1. This kit can be used only for in vitro diagnostic examination, only to examine semen samples - do not test any other human body fluids.
- 2. Store the test kit at room temperature to prevent moisture from entering the kit. If the foil packaging is damaged, the kit cannot be used.
- 3. If the test kit is opened, use it as fast as possible to prevent too much air from entering the kit, which may result in moisture and damage of the test.
- 4. The test kit is intended for the first, basic semen examination. Each result should be confirmed by other methods.
- 5. If you perform the test for different samples, remember to mark each of them to avoid errors or misunderstandings.
- 6. While placing the semen sample and performing the test avoid air bubble formation - it can affect the results.
- 7. While reading the results, conform to the time requirements included in the manual.
- 8. The kit can be used only for one-off in vitro diagnostics. Semen collected from different people, or from one person at different times, cannot be used again
- 9. The test kit cannot be frozen or used after the expiry date.